MTLDL RULES & REGULATIONS
ADULTS RULESET & PADDING REQUIREMENTS
Adult bouts can be negotiated between MTL and the trainers on a case-by-case basis within the following guidelines;
ALL ADULTS BOUTS
- No knees to the head
- Cloth shin pads (supplied by MTL)
- 3 x 2 min rounds
- Gloves supplied by MTL
RULESET OPTION 1
- Full Thai Rules with elbow pads (supplied by MTL)
RULESET OPTION 2
- Mod Thai: No elbows
- Mod Thai only
- These bouts are similar to a 'hard-spar' where full power is not used.
- Head Kicks and Face Teeps not allowed.
- The bout is not officially scored however our officials will use these bouts to train up & coming officials.
- A feedback card will be provided to the trainers from the officials.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT OPTIONS
- Head gear optional (fighters can wear their own)
- Hard shin guards must be agreed by both competitors and approved by MTL
JUNIOR RULESET & PADDING REQUIREMENTS
Click image to open in full view & print
EVENT FORMAT & REQUIREMENTS
WEIGH INS are held 3 hours before the event, usually at 9:00AM.
All competitors must submit a medical and bloodwork before competition.
It is recommended to use an MTA medical, as this will be accepted by all Muay Thai events within Australia. A medical is valid for 12 months.
Bloodwork includes Hep A,B,C & HIV and is valid for 6 months.
Basic training wraps may be used, or cloth/ tape method.
If using cloth/ tape, wraps must be checked by a ringside official.
MTL follows the scoring criteria set out by the WBC, particularly Section 14-16 of the WBC Rules & Regulations. As WBC is a professional ruleset, there are some minor differences, particularly re; rounds, equipment worn, and junior bouts.
FULL SET OF MTLDL RULES & REGULATIONS CAN BE DOWNLOADED BELOW.